It’s Monday here in Australia and I have just enjoyed a most refreshing weekend – sounds like I took even more time off, doesn’t it, only that’s not it – Having already taken a couple of half days off, I settled in to “poke around” a bit in my manuscript (maybe even read it – haha) on Sunday, and I just kept going. 🙂
I filled major gaps and minor gaps, sorted little issues out and transferred more from my working files over.
With a string of gaps in front of me in various threads, with two gaps to a page every three or four pages, the climb of my first marker point (where the “done” bit ends and the “yet to be completed” bit starts) rose 23 pages just on Sunday alone. That translates as A LOT DONE.
I think when I last reported it, that marker point was sitting at around page 108. It’s now at 137.
I wish I had counted those gaps I filled on Sunday. I’m not talking about a line or two needed or a polish up done, I’m talking of each as a complete hole, as in “This is where the next scene from that character thread has to sit and it’s not there,” kind of gap.
The overall page count has now grown to 195 page total, with ten pages added this weekend, four on Saturday and six on Sunday. It was only a couple of weeks back (if that) that I was hovering over the 130 mark, and had been for months, which makes this current growth pattern very, very welcome. 😀
Starting off with a fresh Monday, with that kind of weekend behind me, I expect an excellent week ahead.
You guys have a great week, too, whatever you’re doing.
Boy! Your on a role! I think I have read one of your books. Which one do you recommend I start with?
Thank you so much! 😀 Each of my books stand alone, but as a series you’ll get more out of them if read in order. The Khekarian Threat is the first book followed by The King’s Sacrifice.
If you are after a Kindle copy, I will point out that I’ll be offering The Khekarian Threat as a free download in two or three weeks as a promotional freebie. Cheers! 😀
CONGRATS! 23 pages is a TON!!!
At risk of disappointing you – it was only the marker point (between “largely polished” and “rough story with gaps in it”) that moved up 23 pages. Given all the gaps in there, though, it WAS a lot, just not 23 full pages.
If you knew that and see it as big as it was and that’s what you were referring to – Thanks! It was a big leap forward. 😀
I did miss the distinction but that’s still a huge move. Polishing takes a lot of work! So CONGRATS!!!!
Thanks again. 😀 Yes, the polishing parts were good, but better still I filled about 15 gaps, the gaps being entire thread segments missing, in some places 2 gaps to a page every three or four pages – two gaps mean two different threads needed filling.
Now I just need to manage 400 pages of new stuff in 4 months. Oh well, no rest for the wicked (as my mother used to say).
Mag-nificent. 30-odd gaps is a ton of work to do in one day. On the 400 pages — you rock, you can do it 🙂 .
Thanks, mate – you encourage me wonderfully. 😀